Tuesday, April 19, 2016

NaPoWriMo Day Nineteen: How To Get Out of Trouble

Eli!!!!!
Why are there melted chocolate chips in the bed?!?!?!?!!
My six year old freezes midstep, and turns to look at me.

Mom, that was so kind of you to buy those chocolate chips
and you're such a good cheffer at making cookies.

...

You look really pretty with the white streaks in your hair.


...

I crack first.

Then he laughs with me.

Get outta here kid and go clean off those chocolate chips!
You're still in trouble!!!!

I watch his curly head as he bounces off
then, absentmindedly,

go make some cookies.


heidi
written 4/19/16 for






Hey look! I'm on prompt and raising a con man!

1 comment:

Hi! Thank you for the visit! Grab a plate and a sweet tea and let's dig in. It may take a while, but I always try to reply and return visits.