Tuesday, April 21, 2015

NaPoWriMo Day Twenty: This I Know

 
 
poem and photo by heidi helmer
edited with pixlr express
 
 
 
 
 
 
Most of what I know
are things that
I'd really rather never know
things I wish I didn't know.
I know that no matter how hard I try,
I'll never be perfect
so never good enough
always trying
always failing
Maybe
I don't know anything
anything at all.
 
heidi
written 4/21/15 for day 20 for
link
 
 
 
 
 
 
Ugh. Another prompt that lead me somewhere I didn't want to go. Another fun prompt that got serious quick. >:-p
 


6 comments:

  1. Wooooo. Have I ever been here.

    I LOVE the poem as its own circular argument on a scrap of paper. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you De! I was going to try to type it in a spiral, and I'm not there with my keyboarding yet. I'm rather glad that I ended up having to handwrite it.

      Delete
  2. Oh, well, I was turning my head upside down trying to read the picture. Who knew the words were gonna be right side if I had scrolled just a bit! :)

    This was very relatable. (And I like when you do the drawings/art with your poems.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bone! I try to type the handwritten stuff eventually, but no promises.

      Delete
  3. there are some things
    you just know
    but dont want to
    the rest you don't know
    but would like to
    nobody knows much anyway
    except for my grandmother
    who knew everything
    so she said:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can so very much relate to this. I think most of us can from time to time. Your words are always so truthful and vulnerable.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for the visit! Grab a plate and a sweet tea and let's dig in. It may take a while, but I always try to reply and return visits.