Sunday, April 26, 2015

Napowrimo Day Twenty-six: Watching

I am watching
I am the monster stalking you
You don't see
 
For so long
I have waited to be here
I am watching
 
Tear you apart
I am the monster stalking you
See me now
 
All the deaths
Courtesy of me and still
You don't  see.
 

heidi
written 4/26/15 for
link
 
 


 
Today we are writing persona poems. This is from the point of view of the monster that was stalking the woman in a poem I wrote for day three or four. I'm  doing all of this from my blogger app on my new phone, so I may come edit a little later.
 
A little later:
 
The companion poem for this one is called Night Terrors and it is from Day Three. Both of these also reference my NaNoWriMo novel that I began in November and am working on a little during Camp NaNo this month.  (I still have 2000 words to write over the next three days.) I do have a small snippet from that story called Annie Is Having A Bad Day.
 
The poem above was fun. My friend and I were discussing cascade poems late the other night, and I thought, wouldn't it be cool  to write a cascade using Collom Lunes? I completely neglected to consider that the five word middle line would not work as the last line of the third stanza. So, I made it the second, et voila! A Collom Cascade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for the visit! Grab a plate and a sweet tea and let's dig in. It may take a while, but I always try to reply and return visits.