Tuesday, April 14, 2015

NaPoWriMo Day Twelve: Raging Son

Right now
he is yelling
at
his father
me

His voice
loud
shrill

His little face
flushed with his anger

His curls
bounce crazily
around his head.

He threw a
kiddie chair
because
he was mad
at
me

Mad because
I said
leftovers were for supper

Mad because
I won't let him
bounce
     on
        the
     bed.

He's only five.

His future lays
before me
dark
and
rage-filled

All
     my
          fault.

I am the mother.

Who can't
seem to teach him
about his
aNGeR.


I don't even understand my own.

heidi
written 4/14/15 for

link





Well that prompt went to an unhappy place fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for the visit! Grab a plate and a sweet tea and let's dig in. It may take a while, but I always try to reply and return visits.