Friday, August 15, 2014

Grandmothers



Walking with Rachel

I like to walk with Rachel
with her angel hair in the sun,
Her brown eyes full of joy
when she is having fun.

She may find a beautiful flower,
or a smooth stone in the sand
Or sail from a jumping place
Into loving arms - treasures still in hand.

She dances ahead to find
The cardinal in his trace.
Or just to feel the warm wind
Kiss her on her face.

Hand in Hand we walk
Using her fresh eyes to see,
Rachel brings the world into place
and gives it new to me.

Frances Hood King

Rachel and her Grant

Maw-Maw and Sweetie-pies

I wanted to do something a little different today. This poem was written by Frances Hood King, my friend Rachel's grandmother. She shared it with me when he grandmother died. Yesterday my mother-in-law died. And since she was also a very good Maw-Maw, I thought that I would share this with you. I included the picture of Rachel and her Grant,because, obviously, it's frickin' adorable. Thank you Rachel. Thank you Grant. And thank you Maw-Maw. heidi

1 comment:

Hi! Thank you for the visit! Grab a plate and a sweet tea and let's dig in. It may take a while, but I always try to reply and return visits.