Sunday, April 13, 2014

NaPoWriMo Day Thirteen: Equilibrium

At the herald-song of the day
The kindness-queen readies herself
for the surrender-combat that is her life.

Always, she tries to balance the vengeance-ballad
with the forgiveness-Fibonacci
forever teetering the sun-lune border.

Her heart beats to perfection-corruption
and her fatigue-power is eternal
Equilibrium in the Kenning-conquest.

heidi
written 4/13/14 for
http://www.napowrimo.net/2014/04/lucky-thirteen/


Meh. This is my second attempts at Kennings, the NaPoWriMo prompt for the day. I would think these would be up my alley, but I am struggling with them.  I did like trying to work in poetry names in the second stanza...

My other Kenning is called A Man Like That. Maybe I should just try to only Kenning about my sweetheart.

4 comments:

  1. Surrender-combat sounds intriguing, as does vengeance-combat. I don't think you give yourself enough credit. Of course, I know we tend to be our own worst critic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Barry. I have to admit that I wish that there was some sort of formula where I could enter my poem and it would determine if it was good or not. I really can't ever tell, and my poems that I like a lot seem to not get any attention.

      Delete
  2. So often I balance between the things you voice in this piece...and I say you voice them so well. I understand being your own worst critic..I do it to myself all the time!! Great write!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susie! Maybe one day this month should be devoted to writing nice poems to ourselves affirming our poetry.

      Delete

Hi! Thank you for the visit! Grab a plate and a sweet tea and let's dig in. It may take a while, but I always try to reply and return visits.