Thursday, April 10, 2014

NaPoWriMo Day Ten: Signal Limerick

My car just wouldn't go
She rode sluggish and slow
Signal Gas; I tried it
For my car's new diet
Because other gasoline's blow!

heidi
written 4/10/14 for
http://www.napowrimo.net/2014/04/day-ten-2/


I'm so happy! Today's prompt was to write an advertisement-poem in the spirit of the old Burma Shave ads. And y'all may have noticed that I love Old Time Radio shows, and one of my favorites was Signal's The Whistler. They held limerick contests, and the listeners would send in their submissions for free gas and having their limerick read on the air. Thanks to Mad Kane's weekly Limerick-Off, I feel up to the challenge.  So everybody join in:


Signal, Signal, Signal gasoline!
Your car will go far
With go farther gasoline!
 

1 comment:

  1. Ha, that was pretty clever, Heidster. Made me miss old advertisements.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for the visit! Grab a plate and a sweet tea and let's dig in. It may take a while, but I always try to reply and return visits.