Tuesday, April 15, 2014

NaPoWriMo Day Fifteen: Ouroboros


Fife the Liberation

Cyclical is nature
Life after cessation
Fall and summer

Strife from jubilation
Creation births Ouroboros                               
Midwife welcomes celebration

Motion in loss
Tranquility generates movement
Devoted and treacherous

Timidity is spent.

Spent is timidity

Treacherous and devoted
Movement generates tranquility
Loss in motion

Celebration welcomes midwife
Ouroboros births creation
Jubilation from strife

Summer and fall
Cessation after life
Nature is cyclical

Liberation the fife.

heidi
written 4/15/14 for
http://www.napowrimo.net/2014/04/the-halfway-mark/http://www.napowrimo.net/2014/04/the-halfway-mark/


Whew! Today's prompt was to write a terza rima, but it is also palindrome week in the States (the days this week are all palindromes, 4-15-14.) So, I decided to write a terza palindrima, (Yes, I just made that word up) taking all sorts of liberties. I enjoyed the deeply frustrating experience, and I suspect, if I got meter, my free verse would take a hit. I love the puzzle of a complicated poetry form.

 

6 comments:

  1. i just realized that about the days this week...
    wow, double form...you are a glutton for punishment arent you...
    ha. interesting too the contrasts you bring out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a love/hate relationship with form.

      Delete
  2. Great job!! Not sure I could tackle the form.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done! I really liked the palindrome aspect of this poem.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for the visit! Grab a plate and a sweet tea and let's dig in. It may take a while, but I always try to reply and return visits.