Thursday, February 20, 2014

Repost of February 19, 1999

February 19, 1999

I don't know all the names he was called,
but I can imagine:
son
brother
uncle
friend.

What I know about his death is from
what I've read
what I've seen on tv.
Things
I won't
write
here.

So today, the anniversary of when
he died. I say a
prayer for him,
and his friends
and his family,
and for those who killed him.

And I pray for a better world
full of love
for all of us.

heidi
written 2/19/13 in memory of Billy Jack Gaither

4 comments:

  1. i used to tell his story to the youth at my church and talk about why we are the way we are....and how tolerance is different than love...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just so sad. The PBS special about him breaks my heart. I love the way his brother talks about him.

      Delete
  2. A senseless, brutal death. I hope that we all live to see the world become a better place than this.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for the visit! Grab a plate and a sweet tea and let's dig in. It may take a while, but I always try to reply and return visits.