Friday, November 8, 2013

Honesty

Honesty, truly, was
never one of your strengths and still
I find I'm disappointed

I think I expect
Nothing until my heart breaks
Just like your last sworn promise.

heidi


written 7/29/13

my attempt at a Sedoka

I think Samuel Peralta is my Shoeless Joe Jackson, "If you use this form, the poem will come." I had the idea for the poem, but wanted a form, and reread Samuel's dVerse  post about Sedoka. I may have taken a few liberties, but I like the end result. Then, Samuel invited us to write a poem using 140 characters and I trimmed this poem to fit that prompt. Here is the tweeted version below.

Honesty was~never one of your strengths~& still I'm disappointed~my heart breaks ~ just like your last promise. h.

Cool, huh?


(this all took place over the summer, and I even wrote it up then, and I am only just now posting it. i feel a little like a stephen king character, hoarding my writing to bring out later...)

4 comments:

  1. hard not to expect things when that heart is broken..
    and honesty, had to be essential in any relationship...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is what happens when I write when I am still angry. it makes having to be angry a little more bearable.

      Delete
  2. Nothing as sad as a broken heart Heidi; nothing as bad as a broken promise.
    Hugs
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna, I am ready to post something not sad.

      Delete

Hi! Thank you for the visit! Grab a plate and a sweet tea and let's dig in. It may take a while, but I always try to reply and return visits.