Thursday, April 11, 2013

NaPoWriMo Day Eleven: Early in the Morning


Early in the Morning.

He sneaks into my
room, tiptoeing across the floor
He thinks I still sleep
I say to him "I see you"
He says "Mom, Dad fussed at me."

heidi
written 4/11/13 for 

I don't know that I have written a tanka before, but that was today's prompt for the NaPoWriMo challenge. I wasn't sure what to call it, and I am still mulling over the title. I guess I could have just called it "Day 11" for now. Yesterday, I just couldn't post enough, twice here a slew of tweets, and I recorded a mess of posted poems on Audioboo and added them to the page, and then tweeted about it. Today, I feel kind of empty. I am not sure if it was because of all the writing yesterday, or if I was so busy yesterday because I had to do something today that I didn't want to do and I was trying to work out some anxiety. Maybe I'm just tired.

Does anyone now have the song Early in the Morning stuck in his/her head? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for the visit! Grab a plate and a sweet tea and let's dig in. It may take a while, but I always try to reply and return visits.