Tuesday, April 16, 2013

NaPoWriMo Day Sixteen: Grass that is Along the Lake

Grass That is Along the Lake

elk word that is by my dell
on me, grown and four din forgotten
is in word thefolly

it's cold, grass under
wrecked mean wrecked white
fans the moan
it lies in god

no wasting on the sinned
in hand four mules
in hand four grapes

watching all hope

wrecked mean lake grass

souly my own
come on in
       lakelakelake

elk word
      weird word lake
lake
     blind

as in bed that night nets up
makes is

lake
     wrecked
mean and glad

wrecked mean and blind
lake it grass     mine the hand
               up the mule

in elk word that in silk sky soft
by the dells up it night grass in four din joy forgotten
is in word telephone that lake and lies still

heidi
written for 

Today's prompt from NaPoWriMo was to visit the Poetry International Language List and pick a poem and write a "translation" of a poem in a language that you don't know. Not an authentic translation, but more, what English words do the words in the poem look like. The idea is to find interesting images and phrasings. So, I chose the Frisian language poem, Gers Dat Alfest Laket. The English translation is right next to it and the poems were listed by English titles, so I saw that Gers=Grass. It is okay that it doesn't make sense, and it was a fun exercise.

I wanted to the city of Boston and all of her people and visitors. I hope that I can use these events to see more love in my life and affirm to all my favorite people how important they are to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for the visit! Grab a plate and a sweet tea and let's dig in. It may take a while, but I always try to reply and return visits.