Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Sunday Whirl Submissions: Wordle I and Wordle II




Wordle 99


Wordle I.

I think that a part of me
reserves the hardest challenges for myself,
so that I will fail.

These selfish, cruel sprees
are familiar to me
and make me want to put away more fearsome desires.

I use failure like a talisman
to distance me from more intimate
disappointments.

I am an outsider in my own body.
Painting myself in inadequacy.
Closing my window to a future.


Wordle II

Outsider
part intimate
uses reserves paints
body window soul love
written embroidered stamped
away fearsome
sprees


heidi
both written 3/10/13 for The Sunday Whirl


I decided to write something short(er) this week after using last week's prompt to finish my story. I read about diamantes on Aprille's blog  more memes and wanted to try it. I am not happy with the outcome (although it is my first one.) Hence, my first poem. I think I need to go get my extra hour's sleep back.

10 comments:

  1. Very deep. I love the self-reflection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daydreamer!

      Welcome to the lasagna and thank you for the comment. It wasn't the most fun I've had writing and I felt a little hesitant to post it, but I am glad with the result.

      Delete
  2. The last stanza of Wordle one is something I think we all do to ourselves at times. If only we could stop and leave that window wide open!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robyn!

      It's such a frustrating feeling, to keep yourself away from a happier and more fulfilled self. It is also very isolating, and I think that I am both comforted that other people can relate, and sad that anyone else has felt this way ( I have the same feelings about the chicken pox).

      Thank you for coming by and commenting.

      Delete
  3. I use failure like a talisman...powerful line. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sabra! It's nice to have you here. At the risk of being very conceited, I got a thrill when I wrote that line and thought that it was a good one.

      Delete
  4. I love the first one and believe many of us can relate to it, Heidi. Nice work on the diamante.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pamela!

      Thank you!. I am glad that I tried the diamante, and will probably try it again later. The first poem came immediately afterward I wrote the diamante. I wrote a reply to Robyn that I part of me feels some solace that I am not alone with this feeling and part of me is sad that anyone else feels it. I am happy that you enjoyed the poem. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  5. It's good to reflect on difficulties, failures, and learn from them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stan!

      This blog is moving quickly from a practice to a study. Thank you for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete

Hi! Thank you for the visit! Grab a plate and a sweet tea and let's dig in. It may take a while, but I always try to reply and return visits.