Sunday, October 21, 2012

Special Needs

Special Needs

Some people say that I have a Special Needs Child
I have a low tolerance for that
Some say she is a child with Special Needs
that seems somewhat kinder and
more accurate.

It's true.
She has Special Needs.
She needs
Love
Patience
A Chance.
Those things everyone needs.

Maybe we all have Special Needs.

heidi
10/21/12


So someone, somewhere was talking about "Special Needs Children" and it pissed me directly off. Although I can't even tell you the circumstances now. It could have been on tv or something I read...anyway...it did make me think. I suspect some people are trying to be nice and some accurate, but it seems saccharine to me now. My sweetie-pie does have some challenges, but we all do, so how do I discuss it without getting pissed or getting my feelings hurt? I don't know.

2 comments:

  1. Normalcy is a myth and, even worse, the idea of it is used to bludgeon us into conforming to social expectations. Screw that. We should accept -- and celebrate -- our individuality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for thw visit and the sweet words!

      Delete

Hi! Thank you for the visit! Grab a plate and a sweet tea and let's dig in. It may take a while, but I always try to reply and return visits.