Monday, October 8, 2012

I Suck at Friendship

I Suck at Friendship

There are some things that I want to blame on my depression:

that I don't have my PhD
that I want to sleep 14 out of 24 hours
     (although that may be the vitamin deficiency)
that I don't want to leave my house
that I am unemployed
that I feel so alone...

but mostly that I am a terrible friend.
I don't make the effort
and I let people treat me as disposable
then I disappear when they need me.

But maybe,

maybe the depression is just an excuse to be lazy
and selfish
and alone
and, why I suck...

No, that's not me...that's just the depression talking.

heidi
10/8/2012



So this poem was just now written after some inner reflection inspired by a post by Shybiker, who has a wonderful blog. She wrote about rejection in tonight's post and it resonated with  me. I have a strong desire to be here more often, to write more often.  And still I don't. My poor neglected lasagna. I'm gonna blame it on my depression.

2 comments:

  1. I'm pleased to have inspired this piece. It's candid and direct. Yes, the subject is sad but avoiding it isn't better. You confront a hard topic with courage.

    It's wonderful when you add to this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You are very kind, and thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for the visit! Grab a plate and a sweet tea and let's dig in. It may take a while, but I always try to reply and return visits.