Monday, September 12, 2011

The Beckoner's Song

The Beckoner's Song

Cain came to me
in dreams of loneliness.
Beckoning back yesterday
and her illicit easiness.

There is safety in old ways,
set, destructive creatures
that I know
want me. Desire me.

Rejection leaves my heart
bruised. An easy, ripe
fruit ready for the past.
For Cain.
And his sweet songs of security
that disguise my destruction
as I turn
and flee
towards
what
was.

heidi

08/26/92

Another one from years ago. I like this one too. It makes me sad though, so I think I need to work on something funny. I am looking forward to writing the next installment of "Reconnecting", and being the only person who seems to like it! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for the visit! Grab a plate and a sweet tea and let's dig in. It may take a while, but I always try to reply and return visits.